Friday, July 1, 2011

4th of July

We've been taking "school" easy this summer so far.  I haven't been doing very intensive units, mostly because I'm 7 months prego & get tired more than normal.  I thought it would be fun to do a few 4th of July projects though.  We've been reading lots of books (I'm rarely too tired to read a book!) about Independence Day, apple pie & the 4th of July.  I got this craft idea from MamaJenn & the kiddos all had a blast making their own United States of America flag! 

I got the I Pledge Allegiance book from the library & this poster came in it. 
I hung it up both for decoration & it's safety.

H struggled with tearing the paper but was great at glueing and sticking on stars!
I put 50 drops of glue all over & then she put the "stars" onto the glue dots.

C was great at tearing but got tired of glueing stars at about 35.  Haha!
He had a personal strategy of rubbing the paper "stars" onto the glue stick & then rolling the glue stick across the blue paper...it worked! =)  I love it when they go "off plan!"


And, of course E made one too...with a lot of assistance from Mama.  I tore her strips and stars (she did a few).  She did put stars onto the glue dots like Hope-e, but also got tired of it at about 25.  I didn't get a picture because I was making dinner at the same time...multitasking is terrible for picture taking!  Ha!

I think their flags are great!  (l-r, E,H,C)  They were so proud! 
C took Daddy in to show him the "exhibit" as soon as he came home from work. 

I found an United States of America flag puzzle at JBF accidentally one year in a bag of puzzles...it was in the middle & the best find of the day!  It's too challenging now, but they'll get better at it & we enjoy doing it together.  H is working on it in the pic below as Z works on her puzzles...Z is a puzzle fiend right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment