Fall is Here!! Yea! With the onset of autumn, we are outside a LOT!! We go walking, jogging, to parks, to the zoo, to the nearby track & field, out house "shopping," and just stay outside as often as possible. This has made our "L is for Leaves" unit very easy to incorporate into our everyday life. We were trimming up an azalea bush today & talked about the leaves in their various sizes, colors, if they were alive or dead, and how they make the food for the bush or tree. It was fun, educational, and a chore that needed done before winter. I'm amazed at how much learning can be found through one topic study. We've touched on lifecycles, photosynthesis (tree food), types of trees, plus simpler things like size, color, texture, shape, and the letter L.
Hope is making her "L is for Leaves" fall tree. So much concentration to get those little leaves off her sticky fingers...she did an excellent job! =)
She was so proud of it when she finished!
Caleb lost interest more quickly but finished as long as he was totally in control of gluing and such. He did a much better job with gluing than I thought he would...Hope couldn't get it to squeeze yet.
Finished project...it's L for leaves but when I asked them what letter, they said L; when I asked what is stood for, they said tree...so, we will review it more this week. ;0) I am not sure why they didn't know because we talked about it during morning message all week last week and while we did the art project. It's probably because I just talk about whatever tangent subjects as well (scatterbrained me!!)...not a big deal...they're 2 & I'm just beginning this homeschooling thing. =) We'll get better as we go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment