Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beginnings of Our School Time

Soooo, I stayed up until midnight before starting school with Crash & Burn!  What was I thinking???  Really, truly, I was just super excited about trying something new with them!

This is our set up right now...very basic but it works for now!
Artwork is displayed above, as well as on the frig, hanging from the fan pull-chains, and wherever else we decide to stick it.
The board has morning songs from carissa at 1+1+1=1 blog.
We are learning the letter L, 1 Peter 1:24-25, and the tree yoga pose while we study about Leaves (and trees). 

The yellow strip with cards is our timeline of the day & Crash-n-Burn have really enjoyed putting the clips on after we finish each thing.
Our morning meeting area on the 1st day...it was kinda impromptu but I loved it!  Crash and Burn were totally interested as soon as they saw the board so how could I help but start early?!?!  =)
L tracing (laminated) - homegrownhearts
Weather section from carissa @ 1+1+1=1
You can see some of the leaves we gathered on a walk to the park!  Fun times!
Definitions page, clips for daily schedule tracking, dry erase for letter tracing, and stickers to put on our calendar (from the ZOO) each day:
Tracing- 1st time to try this & they did really well!
Leaf rubbing with crayons...the evergreen pineneedles were hard, but the basic broad-leaf was fun for them to see come through the paper!
This is a dot paint leaf that we used with our circle magnets.  I got it from http://files.homeschoolshare.com/docs54478/trees/new_words_vocab.pdf
They both really enjoyed these too...another 1st!

This is just a very basic schedule that includes a unit study on leaves, but does not replace our normal reading of many books, lots of outside play time, cooking with Mama or Daddy fun, limited appropriate children's videos, and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment