Sunday, May 3, 2015

Nature Group–Redbud Valley

This train was parked.  We waited for ten minutes, with a dump truck in front and one behind, before we could pass.  Then I booked it down the next road because we had to cross that same train track again.  Another mama from our group waiting at the crossing that I sped over for ten minutes before going back home.  It’s a one way, dead end road so there was no going around.  So frustrating and she lives 20 minutes away. 

IMG_1655

We still enjoyed our hike with Will, Henry, Andy and their Mama!  We found wild columbine, snails galore, other wild flowers, caterpillars, some awesome exposed roots for a jungle gym, “recliners” everywhere and a little bat in a cave.  Such a fun place to hike!

IMG_1658IMG_1659IMG_1660IMG_1666IMG_1668IMG_1670IMG_1671IMG_1674IMG_1675IMG_1677IMG_1678IMG_1688

The bat was in there.

IMG_1682 IMG_1684

Journal time.

IMG_1680

Caleb climbed to the top of that rock.  I was proud.  I would have done the same when I was younger!

IMG_1687 IMG_1698

They were pretending that huge water hose was an anaconda.

IMG_1692 IMG_1695

No comments:

Post a Comment