Don’t get me wrong, I love coloring pictures, which may be why most of our children really like coloring, but I don’t really like it. It’s not “art.” It’s not majorly creative and stimulates much less than actually creating personal art. That said, they love it right now and everyone keep buying them coloring books!
C’s work…he LOVES to color & does very well at staying in the lines.
H’s work…she typically will pick one color.
E’s work…she makes what she calls “rainbow” pictures.
I totally understand your thoughts on coloring books (or pages) being less than creative! For what it's worth though....I have heard from a couple of different people that coloring is very soothing and calming. One person even uses it as a technique to distract and calm a child who would otherwise begin a meltdown. so maybe there's something to why kids seem to like it!
ReplyDelete